People with disability can now contact the Disability Gateway for information and referrals about coronavirus (COVID-19).
Australians living with disability, and their families and carers identified accessing information about policies, programs and support as a key barrier to their independence and community participation.
The Department of Social Services has developed a way to improve access to this information by creating the National Disability Information Gateway.
If you are worried or concerned about COVID-19, you can contact the Disability Gateway in the following ways:
- Phone (free call): 1800 643 787
- If you are deaf, or have a hearing or speech impairment, you can also call the National Relay Service on 133 677
- If you require support in another language, you can use the Translating and Interpreting Service (TIS National) free of charge by:
- calling the Disability Gateway on 1800 643 787 and asking for an interpreter, or
- calling TIS on 131 450 and ask to be connected to the Disability Gateway on 1800 643 787.
- A live chat service will also be available in the near future.
The Disability Gateway is available Monday to Friday 8am to 8pm (AEDT). It is not available on national public holidays.
The Disability Gateway is funded by the Australian Government.